35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £35k
The Group Commercial Department is responsible for establishing and managing supply agreements with manufacturers and suppliers to deliver best value for the Group.
The Buyer will be responsible for assisting in the management of the supply chain, maintaining trade/sales specifications, collection of rebate claims and the preparation of build cost reports. They will report to the Commercial Director & Commercial Manager
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- Assess completed supplier appraisal forms to confirm if potential supplier meets the criteria.
- Prepare tender enquiry packs and tender list.
- Analysis of tenders and preparation of supply proposals for approval.
- Development and implementation of Sustainable Procurement within the Supply Chain.
- Management of supplier meetings, preparing material forecasts and generating site/contractor reports.
- Prepare formal supply agreements for sign off by Supplier.
- Release agreement information to Divisions and manage pricing library.
- Evaluation of new building products and systems
- Assist with the preparation of bi-annual rebate claims.
- Input into bi-annual Build Cost Reviews including identification & correction of pricing anomalies in regions draft prices sets and preparation of Build Cost Report.
- Supply Chain Performance Review process
- Review of My Redrow Design Collections on Sales Build Management Systems.
- Development of sales specification
- Monitor and provide guidance on the updating of Site Collections across all Divisions following the release of a new Group Collection.
- Analysis of the rates and prices held on My Redrow.
- Assist Divisions in the setup of bespoke specification items, choice lists and non-standard developments.
- Input into the future development of the system
- Ensure familiarity with Redrow Group’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- Preparation of system bills of quantities in support of Group Standard Designs.
- Input into the biannual build cost review.
- Input into the development of IT Systems to improve the efficiency of the commercial function.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Buyer – Person Requirements & Benefits:
The employee should ideally have the following attributes to be proficient in their role:
- Team orientated, enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop within a fast-moving department
- Flexible approach to dealing with issues and challenges
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Literature in the use of IT
- Self-motivated and able to plan and organise effectively to meet tight timescales
- Analytical, numerate, and able to undertake cost analysis exercises
- Resilient in the face of challenging situations and deadlines
- Possess an understanding of the fundamentals and processes required to develop a housing development.
- Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met