33000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 days ago
A well-established manufacturer are looking for a Buyer to Join their team. The main purpose of the role is to negotiate costs and other terms effectively in line with department objectives, business plan, procedures and company direction.
Buyer - Job Role:
- To be responsible for negotiating the lowest total acquisition costs for components and materials required for the manufacture and assembly of professional power tools – whilst maintaining agreed levels of product quality, delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- To identify and recommend suppliers for existing and new components in order to meet MME cost reductions targets and remove consistently poor performing suppliers.
- To co-ordinate and manage effectively the release, progressing and replies to quotation with recommendations and proposals.
- To act as the first point of contact between MME and its supplier base.
- Make decisions and recommendations based on limited information by using your professional judgment and consideration to the level of risk, within the parameters defined by the department manager, company policies and authorisation system.
- To hold regular review meetings with key suppliers to discuss delivery/quality performance etc, and ensuring that improvement plans and non-conformances are closed in the required time frame.
- To monitor critical commodity markets trends in order to provide the base information required to conduct effective strategiv supplier negotiations.
- To assist in the drafting of purchasing contract between MME and new/existing suppliers for consideration and approval.
- To assist department staff in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- To act as first point of contact between MME and its supplier base, to hold regular review meetings with the key suppliers to discuss delivery/quality performance etc.
Buyer – Person Requirements:
- Experience within a high-volume manufacturing engineering environment.
- Implementation of project management
- Implementation of 5s, Kaizan and TPM
- Capable of understanding /reading complex product engineering drawings.
- Experience in identifying cost reduction opportunity through VA/VE analysis of components commodities and manufacturing processes.
- Experience within supply chain development, with specific focus on technical, quality and commercial matters.
- Experienced in managing vendor tooling activities and production processes.
- Experienced in the process of negotiation with vendors at all levels together with the development and implementation of supplier agreements.
- Experience in auditing new and existing suppliers within EU, with regards to commercial, technical and process capability.
- A level or equivalent – Essential
- MCIPS – Essential
- Degree in Mechanical and/or production Engineering (Ideal)
- Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Purchasing (CIPS)