25000-30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Salary: £25k - £30k Depending upon skills and experience
A local manufacturing company are now looking for a Buyer to join their team.
Buyer – Responsibilities:
- Daily check to MRP requirements and order statuses to ensure delivery dates are achieved
- Updating Order delivery date to accurately reflect confirmed delivery date.
- Accurately and timely maintaining process and control data information in the system. No escalations. Quick reaction for requests.
- Active participation in team projects and process improvements
- Order processing, timely follow up of incoming material, delivery coordination with warehouse, co-ordination with A/c for payment issues
- Regular coordination with internal clients keeping them updated with status of pending orders
- Self-vendor management including finding gaps/problems in daily cooperation and looking for solutions to improve the process.
- Creation and analyse of forecasts.
- Report savings/cost avoidance according to KPI’s for particular team/position.
- Liaison with finance, sales, warehouse, logistics & other internal teams
Buyer – Person requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the engineering or manufacturing industry as a Buyer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a CIPS Qualification or working towards
- Made considerable cost savings
- Experience with MRP systems
- Solid knowledge of purchasing/planning processes
- Excellent decision-makingskills.
- Business acumen.
- Communication and team-workingskills.
- Excellent analyticalskills.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.