35000-45000 Per Annum
about 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Buyer
LOCATION: Trafford Park, Manchester
SALARY: £35K - £45K
BENEFITS: Bonus Scheme, Health insurance, 25 days holiday (excluding statutory holidays), subsidised canteen
Buyer - COMPANY:
Our client is a leading global manufacturer in specialised, high-performance non-metallic composite engineering materials and components, supplying a broad cross-section of industrial applications throughout the world.
Reporting to the Purchasing & Commercial Director, they are currently seeking a high-calibre, Buyer who has a desire to develop their career to a more advanced position in the company which is targeting significant growth over the next few years
Buyer - RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Buyer will be responsible for:
- Purchasing of raw materials, engineering spares and on-site services.
- Negotiation of tenders, volume contracts, price reductions
- Efficient inventory control
- Close liaison with the planning department to ensure a highly efficient process
- Management of supplier performance
- Management of vendor qualification process
- Management of KPI’s
- Identify new suppliers for our products and services.
- Driving the approval of alternative suppliers of raw materials
- Develop and implement a process for pass through items from suppliers
Buyer - PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Being able to communicate at Director / CEO level if necessary
- Highly organised, diligent, methodical and thorough in approach
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of influencing internal & external stakeholders
- Commercially astute.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ethical behaviour
Buyer - EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience in purchasing in any environment, industrial, FMCG, or retail
- Good GCSE, A level results
- Commercial / Business Degree qualification (2:1 or above would be beneficial)
- CIPS or equivalent qualification
- Basic understanding of engineering, desirable but not essential
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.