30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 months ago
Salary: Circa £30k
My client is one of the country’s leading fast track fit out contractors. They operate on a nationwide basis within the office, retail, education and leisure fit out sectors. They are well established and have been trading for over 25 years, they operate on a nationwide basis and typically deliver projects ranging in value on £50,000 - £4M.
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
Responsible for the procurement of all materials, plant, logistics and waste removal necessary to complete the project.
- Advice on specification, suitability, and availability of products.
- Negotiating and placing orders with suppliers.
- Liaison with Contracts Managers
- Account agreement with suppliers
- Monitoring supplier’s performance
- Project cost monitoring.
- Provide support to the Contracts & Commercial teams helping them to make best use of their time. This role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business.
- To assist with the implementation of both the H&S and Environmental systems, policy and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
- Ensure waste carrier and broker licenses are up to date and appropriate information returned from site.
- Maintain document control / filing and document processes for the efficient management of projects.
- Perform data entry and recording on various websites and internal databases.
- Adhoc projects / duties as required.
- Potential to act as office first aider / fire warden with appropriate.
Buyer – Person Requirements:
The employee should ideally have the following attributes in order to be proficient in their role:
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritise tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- To work independently as well as in a team
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Be persistent & enthusiastic.
- Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Reliable and honest.
- It is vital to have good IT and administrative skills.
- Certificates to a reasonable grade in both Maths and English.
- Previous experience in a similar role