over 2 years ago
Category Buyer - Fabrications + Sub Contracts
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Fabrications Buyer to work within a market leading business, offering control and automation solutions to a wide range of clients throughout Europe.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a manufacturing professional looking to move their career in a new direction, within Purchasing.
Category Buyer - Fabrications - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain MRP/item info on Navision.
- Understanding PPC&A fabrication requirements
- Identifying trends within the metal market and creating forecasts to present to management.
- Responsible for all functions within the supply chain process, including, purchase order, invoice reconciliation and closing purchase order.
- Interface with production and engineering on the production part process and quality regarding supplier issues.
- You will be assisting in the development and implementation of category strategies.
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain the best prices for the business.
- Managing and developing relationships with suppliers within your category.
- Using your in-depth knowledge of the metals market, you will execute strategic buys to support manufacturing requirements.
Operations Planning Manager - Job Requirements:
- Proven direct experience within metal fabrication at a shop floor level and ideally be apprentice trained, or possess a HNC in a technical subject.
- CIPS level 4 or above or a relevant business degree.
- 3+ year's experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of procurement category management.
- Experience within new project introduction.
For more information please call Mike Lucas on 07932647395.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.