25000-30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 days ago
CNC Machinist - Grinder
Location Information – Bradford
Salary £27 - £29k DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a CNC Machinist – Grinder to join their team. Working hours are as follow: Monday 07:30 to 16:30, Tuesday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 and Friday 07:30 to 14:30.
The role is to Set and operate CNC internal cylindrical or external cylindrical or gear grinding machine
CNC Machinist – Grinder - Key Accountabilities
- Set an operate CNC grinding machine, internal cylindrical or external cylindrical or gear. (Studer-Fanuc or Siemens)
- Precision machining of bores, faces, diameters or tooth flanks of hardened steel components.
- General housekeeping of work area and routine machine maintenance/safety checks.
- Familiar with the use of micrometres, air gauges, etc to measure dimensions and form
- Monitor machine operations, interpret inspection data and make adjustments where necessary to achieve tight tolerances
- Logging production, SPC and data capture where necessary.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Use of surface grinding, centre lapping and ancillary equipment
- Maintain standards of health, safety and hygiene in the workplace
CNC Machinist – Grinder – Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work methodically, confidently but with care following a written works instruction
- Familiar with the operation of CNC grinding machines, including program adjustments
- Familiar with grinding defects and their avoidance
- Ability to use inspection equipment and interpret inspection data (GMM data in the case of gear grinding)
- Good standard in maths and English
- Good ability to understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
- Have an ability to work to a high standard of quality
- Attention to detail
- Physically dextrous
- Being coachable and willing to learn other machines as may be necessary
- Wearing of appropriate PPE and observing health and safety rules
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.