30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
4 months ago
CNC Machinist – Turner
Night Shift - Monday to Thursday (4 nights) 19:45 to 06:00
Location Information – Bradford
Salary £32 – £34.5k DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a CNC Machinist – Turner to join their team.
CNC Machinist – Turner - Key Accountabilities
- Set and operate CNC lathes (Fanuc). Minor program amendments may be required.
- Precision machining of bores, faces, diameters of steel components in the manufacture of gears, shafts and gearbox components
- General housekeeping of work area and routine machine maintenance/safety checks.
- Familiar with the use of micrometres, air gauges, etc to measure dimensions and form
- Monitor machine operations, interpret inspection data and make adjustments where necessary to achieve tight tolerances
- Logging production, SPC and data capture where necessary.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Use of manual lathes, hydraulic presses and other ancillary equipment
- Maintain standards of health, safety and hygiene in the workplace
CNC Machinist – Turner – Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work methodically, confidently but with care following a written works instruction
- Familiar with the operation of CNC lathes, including program adjustments
- Familiar with turning defects and their avoidance.
- Ability to use inspection equipment and interpret inspection data
- Good standard in maths and English
- Good ability to understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing, working to close tolerances
- Have an ability to work to a high standard of quality
- Attention to detail
- Physically dextrous
- Being coachable and willing to learn other machines as may be necessary
- Wearing of appropriate PPE and observing health and safety rules
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.