20000-30000 Per Annum
8 months ago
Salary & Shifts:
3 Shift 6-2 £13.11
3 Shift 2-10 £13.88
3 Shift 10-6 £14.91
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Located: Machine Shop (CNC Milling Cell)
Hours of Work: 3 Shift pattern
Experienced CNC machining centre setter/operator required to set and operate 3 axis CNC machines fitted with 4 and 5 axis trunnions. You must be able to read and understand ISO programs and where necessary do editing of existing toolpaths on programs as well as adjust offsets and modify speeds and feeds.
The production operative will be required to work safely on a number of machines or processes and where necessary, training will be provided to ensure safe working practice is maintained.
CNC Miller - Duties and Responsibilities
The Production Operative has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront – i.e ensure Safe Working Procedures, Risk Assessments and Lock out/Tag Out procedures are read and understood before operating any equipment on site.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in any area you operate
- Ensure all documentation is completed fully and accurately when performing any duties on the shop floor.
- Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the shift leader or supervisor.
- Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
- Meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis.
- Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
- Assist in training and mentoring new operatives in that cell
- To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
CNC Miller - Person & Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working within a precision machining manufacturing environment.
- Experience setting 3 axis Vertical Machining Centers (4 & 5 axis desirable)
- Ability to write milling programs directly at the controls (desirable)
- Knowledge of setting Haas machines (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.