25000-28500 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Location Information - Burnley
Salary Circa £28k (+OT)
A local manufacturer is now looking for a CNC Miller to join their team.
CNC Miller- Key Accountabilities
Responsible for the manufacture of machined parts to customer requirements and support with training and mentoring others as and when required. Must work independently with minimal supervision and adhere to all quality and safety requirements. Streamline manufacturing process' procedures and methodologies to improve the final product
- Program vertical milling machines/lathes including zero and reference points, setting tools and registers, offsets, compensation of cutting tools.
- Create CNC program in line with drawing requirements, including geometry and the part prove out of programs.
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
- Maintain the highest standards of workmanship at all times
- Be actively involved in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Ensure risk assessments are available, read and understood for each activity undertaken
- Promote environmental issues and ensure all company procedures are understood and followed
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends regarding tool making
- Undertake special projects as required
CNC Miller - Person Specification
- Experience in programming setting and operating CNC controlled Lathes.
- Conceptual skills, Process improvement, verbal communication, functional and technical skills, tooling coordination and attention to detail.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.