28000-35000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Salary: £28k - £33k depending upon skills and experience
A local food manufacturing company ae now looking to expand their H&S Team with a Health and Safety Advisor to work with the companies Health and Safety Manager.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job Summary
In this role you will play a key part in promoting the Health and Safety of all of the company's staff through leading tasks such as site auditing, toolbox talks and carrying out risk assessments. In addition to taking a proactive approach to Health and Safety, you will also respond rapidly to any accidents, incidents and non-conformances that occur onsite. You will also need to work in an advisory capacity in order to recommend corrective actions to management and colleagues. Simultaneously, you will also be given the opportunity to expand your personal knowledge and skills within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
Health and Safety Advisor - Key Areas of Responsibility
- Carry out tasks such as site auditing, toolbox talks, reviewing and preparation of risk assessment and work instructions
- Carry out preparation of project H&S plans as and when required
- Carry out the investigations for minor reported accidents, incidents and non-conformities and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Advise on H&S Wellbeing projects
- Promote safety to colleagues through communications
- Monitor all safety occurrences and prepare monthly statistical reports
- Assist the H&S Manager in the investigation of serious accidents, near misses and non-conformances
- Be the lead safety advisor in the H&S Managers absence
- Assist the H&S manger as and when required.
Health and Safety Advisor - Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will come from a Manufacturing background as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Ideally a member of IOSH or working towards
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.