35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Composites Sales Manager
Location: Chard, Somerset
A well-established manufacturer is looking for a Composites Sales Manager to join their team and will be responsible for order intake, identification and development of a portfolio of assigned customers for the composites products and services in line with the strategic growth plans.
Composites Sales Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- Research and build / enhance relationships with existing and new customers -Visit as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, (meet potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging contacts).
- Identify decision makers within the customers’ organisation.
- Set up and lead meetings with customers’ decision makers, (supported by relevant Wabtec staff when relevant).
- Work with the Group functions and the relevant business units to develop proposals that meet the customers’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present existing and new propositions (products and services) to targeted customers.
- Respond to RFQs issued by targeted customers.
- Manage Tender from Request For Quotation up to contract award and signature in liaison with Technical department
- Arrange and participate in internal and external customer briefs and debriefs
Account Planning and Management
- Identify and record opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on market trends and customers’ business drivers with a view to developing new propositions to support the generation and deployment of winning strategies
- Submit monthly progress reports.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Develop and manage account plans and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet the Group’s targets. • Forecast sales targets.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager to support the development and deployment of the group marketing activities including long term Strategic plan (STRAP)
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance.
- Ensure compliance with company’s procedures and corporate policies
- Adhere at all times to the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental instructions and requirements • Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities
Composites Sales Manager – Person Requirements & Benefits:
The employee should ideally have the following attributes to be proficient in their role:
- Hours – The contracted hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, hours may be flexible to suit the needs of the business. The business core hours are Monday – Thursday 0800 – 1700 (Lunch break 1230 – 1315; unpaid), Friday 0800 – 1230.
- Company Car – in the first 6 months the successful candidate will use one of the Company Pool cars. After this period, the candidate will take on a Company Car
- Experience within the composite industry is highly valued but not essential.
- Must have sales experience in a technical product market
- Experience of networking, prospecting, research writing and closing skills.
- Experience of sales planning.
- Proven experience of achieving sales goals in B2B.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to prepare offers, calculations, negotiate, communicate with internal / external partners and customers
- Travel throughout the UK and case by case within Europe.
- Able to attend some meetings out of normal office hours