35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 3 years ago
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary: £35k - £40k
A large international manufacturing company are now looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Engineer - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To lead and facilitate focussed improvement projects, kaizens, training and workshops to realise improvements and bring about cultural change.
- Follow the DMAIC cycle to effect sustainable improvement by analysis of root causes and successful implementation of controlled improvements within any area of the business.
- To conduct project planning, produce process documentation, help to develop and improve standardisation within the workplace.
- Actively work to support the rollout of Manufacturing Excellence program, including 5S, Reliability, Visual Management, Standardised working, SPC etc.
- Collect and analyse data for problem solving and process mapping using statistical methods. Conduct cost / benefit analysis on proposed changes to ensure only beneficial improvements are made.
- Work with engineering and operations to design and commission tooling and equipment as it relates to process improvement
- Participate in improvement workshops and initiatives with respect to manufacturing excellence such as value stream design and Production Index assessments.
Continuous Improvement Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally, educated to degree level or equivalent knowledge and understanding.
- Possessing an analytical skill set, ideally with strong mathematical ability.
- Previous experience of running projects and leading teams.
- Previous experience within a continuous improvement role, ideally with exposure to six sigma and lean manufacturing
- Ideally has received green or blackbelt training and applied the training within a prior job role.
- Proven ability to solve problems through investigation and the application of sound solutions.
- Experience of working with safety systems or in an environment where there is a strong safety culture.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Excellent organisation, team management and planning skills.
- Have an enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to work, with good organisation and project management skills.
- Advanced use of computer based tools, MS-Office, design or process modelling software, statistics packages or similar.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.