35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
3 months ago
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Hours of work are 7.30am to 4.30am Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm Friday.
An international aerospace manufacturer are looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Engineer – Overview
- A new position within the Facilities team responsible for the delivery of Continuous improvements.
- Responsible for the introduction of improvements into the current manufacturing processes.
- The company manufactures rigid pipes, ducting, fabrications, sub-assemblies, sheet details, composite tubes, machining, specialist fasteners, polishing and finishing services.
- Manufacturing airframe, power plant and system components on both traditional materials and composites.
Continuous Improvement Engineer – Responsibility
- Supporting the manufacturing process.
- Develop and optimise all products where possible.
- Driving best in class standards with lean manufacturing.
- Improve Engineering standards, procedures, and specifications for the Company.
- Driving improvements to all process routes.
- Support existing procedures to ensure they meet the current guidelines.
- Maintaining documentation of procedural changes.
- Preparing performance reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Chair improvement projects and documenting all improvements before and after.
- Ensuring that all Improvement processes meet safety, legal and other national or international standard.
Continuous Improvement Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Continuous Improvement Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Strong understand of engineering principles or qualified in HNC, HND or BEng
- Hold a qualification in Lean Manufacturing or SixSigma Greenbelt
- Experience of implementing lean tools such as KAIZEN, 5S, SMED, Poke Yoke, Route Cause or Value Stream Mapping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
This position would also be suitable for Manufacturing Engineers with LEAN, Business Improvement Managers, LEAN Engineers or Continuous Improvement Managers.
For more information please call Jessica Davies on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.