50000-55000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary: Circa £50k plus excellent bonus structure
A large engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Summary:
You are expected to identify waste in processes to reduce costs, increase efficiency and throughput throughout the Operations function of the business. Following this you will plan, manage, and deliver 13-week CI sprint projects on time and within budget.
You will manage project teams consisting of Departmental Managers, Process Specialists, Project Engineers, and other functions where required.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Responsibilities:
The Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for:
- Using lean techniques to analyse manufacturing processes, identify waste and opportunities for improvement.
- Creation of current and future state process maps, along with an action plan to achieve each individual improvement.
- Estimation of investment costs as well as pay back analysis and viability.
- Creation of project plans including generation of Gantt charts.
- Project managing CI sprint projects, achieving goals within time and budget
- Ability to proactively and reactively change a plan in order to maintain project aims and timescales.
- Quantifying benefits in terms of time saved, increased throughput and resource saved
- Gaining “buy-in” from all levels of the business
- Ensuring that project progress is highly visible in the department and is easily understood.
- Reporting on proposed project plans, updates and project close
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Continuous Improvement Manager – Person requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a HNC, HND or BEng in science or engineering discipline.
- A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 would be an advantage
- A business improvement or lean manufacturing qualification is essential
- Experience in MTM or Time in Motion
- Highly experienced in managing and delivering fast paced projects
- Ability to look at an unfamiliar process and identify bottlenecks and snags as well as improvements that can be made
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Can see when a plan isn’t working and can adjust/re-do to ensure the aims are achieved
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.