25000-30000 Per Annum
2 months ago
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Salary: £25k - £30k
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading energy supplier as a Continuous Improvement Specialist
The company will provide a LEAN Sixsigma GreenBelt Qualification if you don’t already have one.
Continuous Improvement Specialist - Required skills and experience:
- This is an associate-level role within the Operations team. The key function of the Continuous Improvement Specialist is to manage and support the successful delivery of business improvement projects scoped using the Lean or Six Sigma methodology. It is expected that the role will also require some strategic contributions to Certas Energy’s CI vision, policy, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance. In order to achieve the objectives of this role, the Continuous Improvement Specialist will need to utilise team members associated with various other functions beyond the CI team to embed changes into the organisational culture.
- Lead assigned Continuous Improvement projects from scoping to successful delivery on time and in budget.
- Provide support to the CI team on larger business improvement projects through tasks such as data analysis, project documentation and stakeholder management.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement using Lean and Six Sigma frameworks.
- Support the development of a culture of sustainable change and improvement underpinned by Lean methodology through both observable behaviours and project output.
- Focus on; change management, operational planning and operational readiness.
- Ensure projects do not exceed agreed budgets and ensure that any expenditure is in-line with strategic objectives.
- Support management team with the creation of business cases for new initiatives under the Continuous Improvement umbrella.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of changes in the external marketplace to ensure latest best practice is promoted internally.
- Produce analysis to evidence the company-wide benefit of projects managed and delivered.
Continuous Improvement Specialist - The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must come from a similar background as a Continuous Improvement Specialist. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Educated with a Degree (preferably in Engineering, Quality, Operations, Logistics, Business & Administration or similar) or equivalent work or learning experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant role (i.e. Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain Analysis, Logistics, Operational Excellence or similar)
- Understanding of Lean philosophy and principles (e.g. value stream mapping, kaizen, 5S, etc.)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distil complex ideas and data into meaningful information and be understood at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of project management or business analysis within a corporate organisation preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Excel particularly important, Minitab experience desirable) and a decent general level of technical competence.
This role would be ideal for someone who has a few years’ experience in a Supply Chain analyst role but wants to move more towards a lean / sixsigma role.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.