45000-550000 Per Annum Vehicle , Bonus
about 23 hours ago
Groundworks Contracts Manager – Reading & Home Counties - £45,000 - £55,000 & Vehicle & Bonus
About the Company:
My client is a well-established groundworks and agricultural contractor based in Reading. They have been trading since 1984 and have an excellent reputation in the industry.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based in Reading and surrounding areas; projects can range in value from £20,000 - £2,000,000. Projects can range from earthworks, groundworks, ground maintenance and agricultural services.
Purpose of Role – Contracts Manager:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and management of Groundworks team (duties and resourcing and development for current and planned work).
- Actively quote for work (with support as required with pricing strategy and customer requirements). Analyse results/feedback.
- Working with customers to understand requirements, meet their needs and to ensure our services are delivered on time and budget.
- Provide exceptional account management to our new and existing clients.
- Working with P&L (budgets) and ensure revenue processes accurately maintained.
- Estimating Bills of Materials (BOMS)
- Maintain database of standard cost allowances and cost assumptions.
- Process improvement across existing business systems and structures.
- Operation of any plant and equipment as required.
- Proactively find and generate sales opportunities and customer meetings.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Director.
Candidate Requirements – Contracts Manager:
The Contracts Manager MUST have experience in new build projects and have delivered groundworks/agricultural works previously. You will have a Black CSCS card and a proven reputation within the industry. The Contracts Manager will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at Contracts Management level and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large groundworks projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities. You will have superb communication skills and have a network of potential clients and have experience of controlling multiple sites simultaneously.
Desirable – Contracts Manager:
- Strong commercial/business acumen and sales development driven. Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety policies and procedures. ??
- IT literate – MS Office, Industry specific software.
- Good communication skills.
- Works efficiently and calmly under pressure.
- Be open to and encourage change and development.
- Be proactive and constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, approachable, and professional.
- Must possess a high degree of planning and organisational skills.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client offer a company vehicle, usually a pick up truck, an annual bonus scheme and clear progression path.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.