43000-53000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 3 years ago
Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Kendal / Lancaster
Salary: £43k - £53k
A world leading international and innovative manufacturer of technical papers and provider of packaging solutions, employing approx 4,400 employees worldwide in 13 countries are now looking for a Control and Instrumentation Engineer to join their team.
Their UK manufacturing site is an internationally recognised speciality paper manufacturer, being a Global/European leader in supplying paper products for the health care and food packaging markets which are produced from two modern high speed paper machines.
Control and Instrumentation Engineer - Job Role:
The company has a vacancy (due to retirement) in its Engineering Team to enhance its electrical skill base to raise overall machine reliability, trouble shooting, and project management. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work as an integral part of the Engineering function, actioning and developing maintenance practices to ensure best in industry standards for reliability, efficiencies and cost effectiveness. You will also generate, propose and action improvement projects within the machine area to improve plant capability, including the introduction of new technology.
Control and Instrumentation Engineer - The ideal candidate will offer:
The ideal candidate will come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Control and Instrumentation Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as BEng, HNC or HND in electrical engineering
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's
- Experience with DC Drives, Inverters and Control Loops
- Ideally experience of AutoCAD and designing improvements for external companies to supply and build
- CAPEX experience would be advantageous
- The ability to be able to communicate well, including written forms (i.e. reports and specification writing), together with skills in influencing on technical issues
- A self starter, ability to use own initiative and work under limited supervision
- Drive to develop own technical knowledge and expertise, as well as share knowledge with others
- Numerical and analytical ability, which is used to review and understand problems in order to formulate and plan the way to solve a problem or to produce a design
- A track record in and bias for preventive maintenance
- Assist with breakdown maintenance and finding solutions
- An ability to deliver and manage Engineering projects to replace old plant, with more efficient, and modern parts
- A strong knowledge of QCS systems, Control loops, PLCs, DC drives and AutoCAD
- A relevant Engineering degree or other suitable qualification (e.g. HNC) if accompanied by a strong track record in an industrial setting
- Paper mill experience but this is not essential
- Process industry experience is highly desirable
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years as an Electrical Engineer or similar role
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.