30000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 years ago
Salary: £30k - £35k plus excellent benefits
Are you a Controls Engineer?
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
A leading manufacturer of household products now requires a PLC Controls Engineer to join their team.
Controls Engineer - Key Activities
Electrical Panel design
- Attend design meetings/reviews of new/revised design proposals
- Prepare layout drawings, design documents (power usage, loads) and specifications
- Improve and update existing designs to ensure the design meets all relevant health and safety requirement & compliance with European directives
- Create CAD drawings using Engineering Base software and co-ordinate the design with other parties Prepare drawings for sub-contractors both in UK and overseas, carry out liaison work with sub-contractors including resolving issues in the design and its interpretation.
- Prepare process / ladder diagrams for programming requirements
- PLC programming typically using Siemens TIA Portal (V13 and above) and S7 1200 series PLC
- Program revisions & upgrades
- Documentation and version control of programs
- Using remote access to PLCs/HMIs to provide diagnostic support to service engineers.
Controls Engineer - Qualifications & experience
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Controls Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Familiarity with pneumatics OR electric motors OR electronic control systems
- Experience with PLC programming such as Allen Bradley
- Experience of programming Siemens S7
- Experience of programming Rockwell (Allen Bradley)
If you're interested, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Niz directly on 0161 976 3540.