45000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
2 months ago
Controls Engineer – Overview
The Controls Engineer’s responsibilities include To install, repair and maintain electronic control equipment, PLCs and Instrumentation throughout the site. To advise on and perform several processes including; Calibration of Temperature, pressure, vacuum and other Instrumentation.
To identify and implement software / hardware modifications to electrical control equipment, PLC’s and Instrumentation.
Controls Engineer – Responsibility
- Installs, repairs, maintains and modifies various types of electronic control equipment, instrumentation and PLCs across the site. The work includes but is not exclusive to the following examples: furnace atmosphere and temperature control, electronic control modules for extrusion and forge presses, ultrasonic and eddy current test equipment. AC/DC Inverter drives, PLC and Automation control systems, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
- Responsible for electrical safety design modifications and improvements to equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for electrical safety investigations and corrective actions.
- Develop cost justifications for improvement projects and corrective actions.
- Provides the service to install and commission data acquisition equipment onto legacy control systems to provide data for use in OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Foster close working relationships with the IT department when installing and commissioning data acquisition equipment, or when machine connection across the company wide network is required for SCADA systems including data storage for all temperature control equipment.
Controls Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Controls Engineer You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Excellent PC and PLC skills
- Excellent fault finding/diagnostic skills
- Ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to leverage best practices across the organization.
- Goal oriented, data driven, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- HNC or C&G Technician Certificate or NVQ level 3 in relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.