30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
2 months ago
Deputy Purchasing Manager
Deputy Purchasing Manager - Job Role:
• Deputize for the Purchasing Manager and offer advice and assistance to staff in purchasing and stock control. Ensure all material delivery dates are adhered to as required by the companies production plan.
• With the Purchasing Manager Process purchase orders in a timely manner to ensure suppliers have enough lead time to deliver by the required due dates for both production and Aftersales. This will involve processing purchase orders for single and batches of units on the Crosstab program.
• Assist the Purchasing Manager, Stores Manager, Stock Controller Implement a fully functional live-stock system and integrated warehouse.
• Assist the Purchasing Manager, Stores Manager, Stock Controller, Financial Controller manage the companies stock takes as required, including at the year-end 30th September.
• Establish comprehensive sourcing, purchasing and inventory control processes.
• Assist the Purchasing Manager, Stores Manager to ensure that the companies current shortage control procedures “SPIC” are adequately adhered to. Attend supplier meetings with the Purchasing Manager, to Review/Renegotiate all supplier contracts to achieve significant cost savings.
• Actively contribute and make suggestions on purchasing, sourcing and stock control challenges and issues.
• Make suggestions were you can on streamlining and rationalisation of stock codes used in BOM’s.
• Assist the Purchasing Manager to Develop supply base contracts and expand scope of current areas of supply (especially on single-source contracts).
• Assist the Purchasing Manager to Identify and develop potential suppliers in support of growth and operational efficiency objectives.
Deputy Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
• Experience in Purchasing environment
• Effective Time Management
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience in similar role
• Proficient in Microsoft packages excel and word
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexible approach to work
• Ability to train in departmental processes and procedures