30000-35000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Salary: £30k - £35k
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Design Engineer - Description of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join the Engineering Team for a leading Automotive Manufacturing Company
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidates will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on a range of exciting installation projects ranging from 3.5t Pick Up trucks to 16.5t Unimogs and a vast array of vehicles in-between.
Design Engineer - Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Technical advice by helping to develop Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Technical Instructions (TIs). Specifically, to provide and maintain electrical design information and instructions to the Production team.
- Stability and structural calculations for mounting lift platforms onto an array of vehicles in accordance with BS EN:280 Mobile elevating work platforms to ensure compliance with UKCA/CE approval.
- Full life cycle design accountability from working with the customer(s) and sales team to capture design requirements through to supporting the service team by writing in-service Technical Instructions. Mechanical and electrical design using SolidWorks 2018 Service Package 4. Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Service (DfS) are critical accountabilities for this role, similarly the successful applicant must ensure designs are weight neutral, cost effective, and within the appropriate regulatory confinements
- BOM compilation onto an Epicor Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool, ensuring BOM accuracy to enable Right First-Time production.
Design Engineer - Personal Specification and attributes:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Design Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Batchelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering is essential.
- Master’s degree as above is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and PDM essential.
- General understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and the processes involved i.e., fixing anchor points, mesh discretization, convergence etc.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.