35000-45000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £35k - £45k
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading medical devices manufacturer as their Design Engineer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an ambitious manufacturing company in Preston. The company are driving to become a key player in medical device manufacturing. They are currently looking for individuals who share their values to enhance their team
Design Engineer - Responsibilities
As a Design Engineer, you will be expected to create innovative yet commercially feasible design solutions to the brief given and will be responsible in bringing to market the next generation of products in their growing portfolio.
You will project manage each development from its initial concept stage through to its final release into serial production, whilst qualifying throughout the process that the necessary criteria has been satisfied.
You should have experience of developing products into a regulated industry, ideally that being either Medical devices or Personal Protective Equipment. You will manage the projects, allocating your time and that of any sub-contractors to ensure project deliverables are met (on time, on cost, to spec).
Design Engineer - Skill and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Design Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Engineering / Design qualification (alternatively relevant working experience of 5+ Years).
- 3D CAD- Solid modelling (Solidworks).
- A proven track history of project managing design projects from concept through to release.
- Experience in the design of plastic injection moulded components.
- Experience of using project management tools- (Microsoft Project or alternative).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports & present information clearly to stakeholders.
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- People-management skills- Develop relationships & respect bonds with other team members to engender cooperation & dynamic thinking
- Excellent time management & self-reliance
- Experience of managing projects with team interface both internal & external.
Design Engineer - Desirable:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to Medical Devices and/or Personal Protective Equipment.
- Experience of developing products in an ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 Certified company.
- A good understanding of mechanics of air filtration
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.