32000-35000 Per Annum
10 months ago
Salary: Circa £32k plus excellent benefits
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an EHS Advisor to join their team.
EHS Advisor - Overview
- Accountable for ensuring site's health and safety management systems are up to date and are compliant with health safety legislation and Mizkan Euro Local rules
- Act as a source of information and advice to maintain site statutory compliance.
- Assist with the management of site health and safety projects, training, and risk assessments (RA), ensuring all are kept up to date and available.
- Ensure all health and safety related issues above advisor level are reported to the site Factory Manager and Head of EHS
- Promote Health and safety by leading by example coaching and challenging unsafe practises and behaviour.
- Lead on ensuring the site OHSMS audit status is maintained (ISO 45001).
- Lead on chemical control and CoSHH assessments across the site.
- Ensuring all environmental data e.g. waste, emissions, legislative requirements are adhered to and are correctly reported to the business.
EHS Advisor - Responsibility
- Lead safety behaviours, by coordination and participate in safety (TOP's) tours, to deliver H&S KPIs.
- Maintain a safe place of work for self and others.
- Ensure activities are legally compliant through the effective application and challenge of local rules, SSIR's, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate health and safety audit completion and ensure non-conformances are documented, whilst monitoring action plan completion rates.
- Ensure the necessary legislative requirements i.e. COSSH, RIDDOR, Legionella and other health and safety requirements are complied with.
- Assist and progress issues with regulatory authorities on key matters including fire risk assessments, RIDDOR reporting and emergency planning.
- Promote a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses.
- Support the sites ESG (Environmental, Society and Governance) process providing, support in relation to environmental controls, reporting and projects.
- Maintain the Mizkan Euro safety management system (Sphera), ensuring timely input of data is maintained, system training, administration regarding the Incident, Action, Audit, Risk Assessment, Reporting and configuration modules.
- Act as site lead for external auditing and regulatory requirements i.e. Insurance, Environment Agency (EA) HSE, ISO 45001 auditors.
- Act as the site responsible person for CoSHH (records, assessment, control), CDM, Emergency evacuation, Fire Liaison, waste management performance, PPE control, RIDDOR reporting.
EHS Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a EHS Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Experience with OHSAS 18001 (OR ISO 45001)
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally have a food manufacturing background.
- Ideally have experience with Asbestos
- Ideally have a Level 2 Food Safety
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.