40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
7 months ago
Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £40k - £50k plus excellent benefits
A local Civil Engineering company who specialises in Water Treatment Technologies now requires an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team.
Electrical Design Engineer – Your role will involve:
- To provide input to all aspects of projects from scoping and design right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client Specifications and current regulatory standards.
- You will be responsible for design deliverables, the procurement of goods and services, preparing work scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents as required.
- You will also produce risk assessment and method statements, and manage quality, environmental and health and safety matters on allocated projects.
Electrical Design Engineer - Key Duties:
- Meet with Clients to discuss specific job requirements
- Carry out the planning and implementation of a project
- Carrying out site surveys to determine scope and design data
- Designing systems and products including development of Block Cable Diagrams, LV MCC/LCP specifications, Process Control System specification (PLC/SCADA), control philosophies
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- AutoCAD Drawings, reading schematics & creating loop terminations
- Price electrical jobs
- Prepare final documentation (As Built Drawings etc.)
- Cable calculations & lighting calculations
- Working as part of a multi-discipline design team
Electrical Design Engineer - Person Specification:
The ideal candidate must come from the Civil Engineering Industry as an Electrical Design Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualification and experience:
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant Electrical Design experience in the Water Treatment Industry
- Knowledge of British and European design standards
- Knowledge of the application of industrial communication (Ethernet, Profbus etc) in designs
- Proven track record as an Engineer in both a design office and in construction
- Ability to follow/interpret/explain technical instructions
- Ability to provide technical mentoring and supervision of junior Electrical Engineers
- MSRA Training
- Cscs / Doms / manual Handling would be preferred.
For more information, please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.