50000-60000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Location - Global
Salary - £56k rising to £61k over 3 years
A local manufacturer is now looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The role of Electrical Engineer is to undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance activity on the electrical and control systems for the company's equipment in customer plants on a global basis. The role required extensive long-haul travel abroad. The ideal candidate may spend 200 days per year overseas (1-6 weeks at a time).
Controls Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- The ideal candidate must be flexible in their approach, organised and capable of prioritising their own workload.
- The ideal candidate must have a flexible lifestyle, be a team player and will be capable of communicating appropriately and confidently with people at all different levels.
- Must be successful in the installation, commissioning and maintenance activity of electrical and control systems.
- Must have proven experience of working and operating both Allen Bradley and Siemens control systems and have experience of working on high-speed capital equipment.
- Must be a qualified electrical engineer with a willingness to travel and possess a systematic approach to fault finding proven PLC and HMI design, test and commissioning skills.
Controls Engineer - Knowledge
- Good understanding of control panel design, form and function.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2017
- Familiar with safety PLC systems including VFD safe torque off and safe stop functions.
- Familiar with VFD and servo drive configuration and drive parameter set-up
- Familiar with regenerative and dynamic braking techniques
- Familiar with Ethernet topology including specific knowledge of EthernetIP, Profinet and Profisafe networks
- Familiar with legacy machine control networks such as Profibus and DeviceNet
- Familiar with IFM and Turck Pressure, temperature, proximity, flow sensors and transducers.
- Familiar with AB and Pilz hard wired safety relays
- Familiar with Euchner guard switch design, implementation and operation.
Electrical Engineer - Experience
- 2 years' experience in Electrical Service and commissioning of high-speed machines
- Must have worked on multiple, complex, high volume production capital equipment
- Minimum time served apprentice trained Electrical or Test Engineer with hands on experience
- Experience in both Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and Siemens S7 and TIA portal control system architecture, design, software programming.
- Experience with AB Powerflex 525 and 753 VFD Variable frequency drives
- Experience with Siemens G120 VFD Variable frequency drives
- Experience with AB and Siemens Servo Drive and Servo motor control applications.
Controls Engineer - Benefits
- Company pension, life insurance and company bonus scheme
- Hotels and travel are all paid for
- You will be given a company credit card and a daily allowance for food and beverage etc
- 25 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- A bonus also comes with the role
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.