38000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 3 years ago
Location Information - West Bromwich
Salary £38k - £40k DOE
A local manufacturer is now looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Electrical Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Act as the Company Technical Authority on electrical matters.
- Responsible for the organisation and operation of the electrical department (seven personnel) and all electrical contractors.
- Liaison at all levels inside the Company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE, insurance inspectors, electrical and telecommunication service providers.
- Safety, Health & Environmental - To maintain and promote a safe operating culture within the Electrical Department ensuring that in all its aspects of installation and maintenance it operates to the highest levels of safety and meets all legal and statutory requirements, company rules and procedures.
- Project work - responsible for the design, specification, and installation of all electrical equipment for new capital, maintenance and upgrading work and controlling expenditure within authorised budgets.
- Maintenance operations - responsible for the provision, operation and development of all maintenance and planned preventative maintenance systems, including inspections.
- Training - To manage the development and training of all electrical personnel.
- Should have a good understanding of ATEX, area classification and BS60079 all parts, as he/she will be a competent person in area classification, design, installation and commissioning. Must be able to specify electrical equipment for the appropriate areas.
Electrical Engineer - Additional Information
- A minimum of a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- A further 5 years practical experience post HNC at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously, to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
- 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 36.25 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.