0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Mechanical & Electrical Estimator – Electrical Bias – Salary Negotiable & Bonus - Knowsley
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
My client is a well-established office and commercial fit out contractor, they are based in the North West and have been trading for over 35 years. They require a M&E estimator to control projects throughout the North West.
About the Projects:
You will be based in the office 4/5 days a week, projects will be based nationally, and you will be required to visit North West sites and surrounding areas. Projects range in value from £100,000 - £5M.
Purpose of Role – Estimator:
- To provide clear, timely and accurate information, advice, and report to Operations Manager
- Supporting senior members of the team in day-to-day management and delivery of projects.
- Ensure deadlines are actively managed and progress is reported to supervisors as required.
- Follow the company’s quality assurance process on all projects.
- Ensure standard documentations is used when presenting any external information.
- Attend, contribute, and minute meetings.
- Carry out site visits/inspections.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Undertake relevant training when required.
- Demonstrate skills in project and commercial management.
- Regularly updating standard cost databases and profiles.
- Assisting in the update of cost variations with senior staff.
- Participate in the design development to assess buildability, materials, innovation, and cost effectiveness of proposals.
- Provide high level pricing information early in the Tender for optioneering and budgeting exercises to ensure the most cost-effective solution offered.
- Ensure procedures, including risk and governance processes, are followed, documented and correct authorisations are in place.
- Contribute to the preparation of Tender Preparation and Tender Construction programmes.
- Prepare a staff schedule for the Tender, using feedback from successful contracts and collaborating with other functions.
- Participate in the preparation of a procurement plan with the central/regional buyers to agree suppliers & sub-contractors, terms & conditions, and discount levels.
- Prepare enquiries and obtain competitive quotations for m&e resources, particularly materials and sub-contractors. Obtain completed construction and design questionnaires where appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness and knowledge of Technical developments and new methods within the Industry.
- Prepare financial models for framework submissions, including setting appropriate staff rates.
- Cost coding using the standardised system to allow meaningful feedback and cost capture going forward.
Candidate Requirements – Estimator:
The Estimator MUST have experience in Mechanical & Electrical packages, be based locally to Knowsley and have delivered office and commercial fit out projects previously.
Desirable – Estimator:
The Estimator will ideally come from an electrical background, have site-based experience, and have delivered electrical packages on Cat A, Cat B and Shell and Core fit outs.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Estimator and beyond. They offer a professional but relaxed environment to further your career in and bonus scheme.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.