55000-65000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 3 years ago
My client is looking for a Engineering Manager who is from a design background. The reason for this position becoming available is due to the expanding of the business. Ideally the Engineering Manager will have vast experience in the management of others and will have held a similar position previously. My client are a national provider of cable design, manufacturing andinstallation to theoil and gas, civil engineering, aerospace, transport, public utilities, marine and offshore, the military, performing arts, vehicle building and construction.
Ideally, the Engineering Manager will have already attained Chartership. This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Manager to progress their career with a company who is on the verge of opening another UK-Based site. The internationally recognised client has grown massively within the past few years and is looking for individuals with similar drive and motivation.
Key Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager
- Ensure that the quality standards of the company are fulfilled throughout all areas of responsibility. (ISO 9001)
- Plan and manage the department's work load to ensure that deliverables are met with high quality and within budget.
- Implement best fit NPD practices of DMEDI and 5 gate processes for larger projects at a level that supports the business needs.
- Ensure that fast track innovation (FTI) projects are managed and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the design team and contractors in line with programme critical dates
- Involvement with 'design strategy' and approach
- Support departmental continuous improvement initiatives to increase innovation and reduce time to market
- Technical responsibility for all mechanical design activity
- Responsible for Departmental budgets
- Work closely with Quality and Sales to improve products offered
- Work with Manufacturing, Sales, Supply Chain and Quality in resolving technical issues
General responsiblities of the Engineering Manager
- A minimum of degree level qualification - Preferably Chartership.
- Extensive management experience
- Have a good understanding of compliance and be well versed with EU directives, standards and associated legal technical conformance files (TCFs)
If you are interested in the position of Engineering Manager, or would like to know more please contact Niz on 0161 976 3540.