45000 Per Annum Benefit Package
0161 976 3540
almost 2 years ago
Salary: £45K plus excellent benefits
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Engineering Manager
to join their team.
Engineering Manager – Overview
- Hands on management and responsibility for the safe / efficient / cost effective maintenance of the sites plant and equipment
- Responsibility for the safe / efficient / cost effective maintenance of the sites main infrastructure structure.
Engineering Manager – Responsibility
- Deliver on Site and Engineering / Maintenance strategy and improvements. Continuously explore ways to improve. Cost effective, value add Engineering performance to achieve excellence in operational efficiency and effectiveness using proven lean methodology and problem-solving tools. Housekeeping, workplace organisation and 5' s structure / practices to be fully endorsed and sustained
- Downtime measurement, reporting and expediting of all maintenance requirements to minimise downtime of plant and equipment. Implementation and reporting of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) for measuring manufacturing productivity in relation to the plant and equipment used within the production process. Provide solutions / recommendation plans where performance is poor / unacceptable.
- Development and management of an effective planned, preventative, reactive and remedial maintenance system including, the plant diagnostics / rectification procedure database. Comprehensive investigation of breakdowns, identifying root cause, corrective action and preventative action / maintenance to improve machine uptime and site performance.
Engineering Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Engineering Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree or NVQ Level 4 in a relevant engineering discipline or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship. Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
- Experience of automated equipment / machinery, including CNC, automated/ semi-automated machines within a fabrication/welding environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written & verbal) in English.
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
- Hands-on can-do attitude to problem solving.
- Possess and use hands on engineering skills.
- Encourages all to seek out improvement opportunities within the workplace and converts these to own Continuous Improvement actions at all levels.
- Develop a culture of effective preventative maintenance with a view to improving asset reliability and reducing reactive costs.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Analytical thinker / critical problem solver.
- Ability to work with a degree of independence.
- Teamwork & Co-operation.
- Achievement Drive - can do attitude
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.