50000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Salary: £50 - 55K
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Engineering Manager
to join their team.
Engineering Manager – Overview
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive Engineering Manager with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. You can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
Engineering Manager – Responsibility
You will project manage each development from its initial concept stage through to its final release into serial production, whilst qualifying throughout the process that the necessary criteria has been satisfied.
You should have experience of managing a team in developing products into a regulated industry, ideally that being either Medical devices or Personal Protective Equipment. You will manage the projects, allocating your time and that of any staff or sub-contractors to ensure project deliverables are met (on time, on cost and to specification).
Engineering Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Engineering Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proposing and managing budgets for projects.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Engineering / Design qualification (alternatively relevant working experience of 5+ Years).
- A proven track history of project managing design projects from concept through to release.
- Experience in the design of plastic injection moulded components.
- Experience of using project management tools- (Microsoft Project or alternative).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports & present information clearly to stakeholders.
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- People-management skills- Develop relationships & respect bonds with other team members to engender cooperation & dynamic thinking
- Excellent time management & self-reliance
- Experience of managing projects with team interface both internal & external.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
- Determining the need for training and talent development
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to Medical Devices and/or Personal Protective Equipment.
- Experience of developing products in an ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 Certified company.
- 3D CAD- Solid modelling (Ideally Solidworks).
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.