30000-40000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Location: Watford / London Area
Salary: £30k - £40k plus company car or allowance worth £4300 plus pension, bonus and private healthcare
A large, multinational civil engineering company are now looking for an Environmental Advisor to join their team.
Environmental Advisor - The Role:
- Within one of the companies frameworks we have the requirement for an Environmental Advisor, Consents person.
- The role involves supporting the framework manager to ensure consents are applied for and in place prior to works taking place.
- To ensure Environmental policies and standards are in place and adhered to.
- Assisting the team through on-site briefings to recognise hazards, minimize risk and improving the environmental standards in the workplace.
- The post-holder will act as the regional champion and will provide support to the existing HSEQ advisors where necessary.
Environmental Advisor - Key Responsibilities:
- Be the key point of contact for environmental consent and project documentation utilising specialist consultants where appropriate, to assist site management to comply with our environmental requirements and share best practice.
- Assist wider HSEQ team on environmental matters.
- Maintain legal environmental register and confirm new legislation requirements and impacts Produce and report on environmental performance ie.
- 3 Pillar Measures, on a monthly basis Produce and report on framework customer performance ie.
- 3 Pillar Measures, on a monthly basis.
Environmental Advisor - Key measures & targets:
- Undertake minimum of four site visits per month Assist in maintaining CEMARS accreditation
- Assist in maintaining accreditation to ISO50001 energy standard
Environmental Advisor - Person Specification:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Civil Engineering or Construction Industry as an Environmental Advisor. You will also hold the following skills, qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Experience in a similar role, but maybe looking for the next step into a management role.
- Environmental degree (or equivalent) or experience of on or off-site support in construction, infrastructure or consultancy sectors, or associated industries
- Effective communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Hold full current driving licence
- Experience in a similar sector, ideally gained through working with or for a water company.
- Affiliate or Associate IEMA or equivalent qualification.
Environmental Advisor - Benefits:
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.