32000-38000 Per Annum
about 1 month ago
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £32k - £38k
A large well-known household name is now looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor – Job Role:
- Report number of accidents and near misses, reduce RIDDOR reportable incidents to zero for MME staff. Continual compliance to ISO 14001 and ensure all relevant policies, procedures and legal requirements are implemented throughout the company
- Fully achieve compliance with legislation and the strategic direction of the company, demonstrating best practice with business constraints
- Ensure H&S safety, compliance and awareness throughout MME is adhered to, ensuring the safety of all employees, customers, and visitors to the company
- Support the environmental, H&S strategic direction of the company
- Identify and implement energy saving improvements for the whole facility in line with environmental targets
- Ensure any contractors to site receive appropriate induction training
- Fully investigate all claims related to personal injury and collect data, witness statements and evidence etc and liaise with Company’s insurers
- Conduct H&S inductions for all new and existing employees, as required
- Ensure all areas requiring specific PPE are clearly identified and in use with safety notices clearly displayed
- Ensure COSH data sheets and risk assessments are in place and kept up to date
- Liaise with Human Resources regarding referrals to Occupational Health (OH) and put in any recommendations from OH to support the employee/s concerned
- To be responsible for first aid supplies, in terms of replenishing stock
- Identify all current waste produced on site and ensure suitable containment before collection or disposal
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from a Manufacturing background as an Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally hold an Environmental Management qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH Fire Safety certificate (Not essential)
- Knowledge of ISO 14001
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with a strong and positive leadership style who has proven experience within a H&S environment. Knowledge & experience of implementing, auditing and maintaining a QMS ISO 14001 system and an established track record in project management. An engineering/manufacturing background would be advantageous
The company provide the following benefits:
workwear, pension, Life Assurance Cover, Paycare Health Cash Plan, free car parking and bike store, Subsidised restaurant, Training and career development opportunities for all staff, access to onsite medical advice, Power Tools staff discount, Perks At Work staff discount membership and a Staff bonus scheme related to performance
Annual Leave will start at 23 days p/a plus bank holidays. At present we have set shut down periods (Summer and Christmas)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.