40000-45000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k
A local automotive manufacturing company are now looking for an Environmental Manage to join their team.
Environmental Manager - Main purpose of job:
The role of Environmental Manager provides technical expertise, advice and support to the business and HS&E Manager, to help the site achieve HS&E compliance with its compliance obligations and other obligations to achieve its Environmental and OH&S objectives. Establishes, implements and maintains the Environmental Management system to ISO14001:2015 standard.
Manages the remediation project (within the mould shop) and site waste management facilities including the granulator and ensuring there are no breach’s of statutory duty or places the environment at risk. Ensuring waste data and management of suppliers is met in a timely manner.
Supports the energy and sustainability goals for the business through local, national and global targets as set by Magna International including project management to achieve the stated outcomes. Work towards ISO50001 accreditation, 2022 stated objective.
Environmental Manager - Main duties:
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensure compliance with Quality IATF 16949 management system.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental ISO14001 and OH&S ISO45001 management systems.
- Create and comply with Risk Assessments within areas of responsibility.
- Create and comply with the Safe System of Work.
- Maintain good 5S discipline.
- Ensure PPE compliance and ensures all team members wear appropriate PPE.
- Carryout audits and inspections as required to support the HS&E audit program.
- Obtain updates from business areas on outstanding environmental action items, and update databases.
- Management of the remediation project (mould shop) and waste management, including direct reports.
- Preparing, planning and implementing waste reduction strategy, managing budget and ensuring that all waste disposal activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Point of contact for environmental regulators and corporate environmental specialist.
- Work with Environmental champions across the site with a focus on continuous improvement of suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Foster a safe and healthful work environment working with all levels in a positive and constructive manner to encourage interest in environmental matters and to work with managers in maintaining standards whilst recognising the need to balance financial resources.
Environmental Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as an Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an Environmental Qualification such as NEBOSH, IEMA or BSc in Environmental Management
- Ideally an ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 Auditor
- Basic understanding of ISO 45001
- Experience within the Automotive Manufacturing Industry is an advantage
- Candidates must be able to work using their own initiative, and be able to liaise with other functions and departments at all levels within the Company.
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have an expert knowledge of Environmental, Energy and Occupational, Health and Safety management systems with an emphasis on policy and procedures.
- Good computer literacy skills e.g., Microsoft, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Email
- Must be able to deliver a range of environmental topics as part of annual training.
- Ensure the implementation of the division’s Emergency Response Plan and monitor its effectiveness by undertaking drills on site at least twice a year.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.