40000-55000 Per Annum
10 months ago
Estimator – Greater Manchester Permanent - £40,000 - £55,000 & Package
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
My client is a regional construction company that specialise in new build and fit out projects. They currently require experienced Estimator to join their outstanding commercial team.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based solely within the North West, predominantly in the Greater Manchester area and range in value from £100,000 - £10,000,000. My client work within the following sectors: Commercial, Retail, Education, Apartments and Healthcare.
Purpose of Role – Estimator:
- Compile and negotiate tenders.
- Review commercial processes to ensure that they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual agreements.
- Compile framework agreements.
- Implement commercial process to ensure contractual entitlements are realised.
- Support the operational team in daily commercial and contractual disputes.
- Ensuring proper contractual administration of contract/project assigned, including value & cost control and maintenance of contemporaneous records.
- Accurately value works undertaken and where necessary provide records to substantiate cost to allow prompt issue of application for payment in line with contractual timescales.
- Ensure that change control process is managed effectively including production of early warnings/variations maximising entitlement.
- Preparation of final accounts in relation to projects/contracts assigned, working with operational teams to confirm understanding of financial position, proactively instilling commercial awareness throughout the wider company.
- Managing sub-contractor accounts including negotiating subcontract terms and raising sub-contractor orders.
- Compensation event management – entitlement, valuation and submission.
- Procurement support
Candidate Requirements – Estimator:
The ideal Estimator will have experience in variety of tenders, new build projects and have worked on projects up to £10,000,000. The Estimator will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Estimator and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large construction projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Desirable – Estimator:
The ideal candidate will be RICS qualified.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Estimator/Commercial Management and an excellent bonus scheme is available.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.