35000-40000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Location: Stratford / London
Salary: £35k - £40k
A local modern fabrication company are now looking for an experienced Engineering manager to join their team.
The company make bespoke, tailor made products from wood, aluminum and steel utilizing welding techniques such as Mig & Tig and with the use of two CNC Machines.
Engineering Manager - Job Summary
To be responsible for the management and control of workshop production, flow, health and safety and quality control. To maintain the workshop budget and control associated costs. To establish and maintain a strong Health & Safety culture.
- To ensure the maintenance of all machinery and equipment is kept in good working order and maintained in accordance to H&S standards. This includes all plant, forklift and any machinery in our welding, CNC, carpentry and paint spaces. To oversee 'house-keeping' of premises.
- To ensure that there are clear maintenance schedules in place and kept up to date at all times.
- To ensure that risk assessments are drafted and updated as required and that all staff in the workshop are aware and have a thorough understanding of them.
- To liaise with our external H&S advisor to ensure that we are up to date with all H&S
- Legislation, ensuring any changes to legislation are communicated with the entire team.
- Ensure all records are maintained and recorded as required.
- To liaise with Head of Site and Head of Production to ensure clear communication is
- maintained across all stages of a project, ensuring works are completed within set
- timescales and delivery dates are met. With the Head of Production, to book WS crew based on man days allocated per project and ensure this is kept within budget. To ensure that all staff are aware of targets and if needed know when overtime is expected of them.
- To be responsible for the Quality management ISO 9001:2015, ensuring deliverables are produced within the specification and to an expected quality level.
- To have an oversight of all projects being carried out in the workshop and plan the flow of various build stages of each deliverable. To ensure safe, efficient, cost controlled delivery of that plan. To ensure a system that provides clearly defined labelling understood by all interested parties.
- To provide and maintain system for all goods in and out; manage the labelling process of all deliverables leaving the workshop for site; manage the labelling of any materials being sent to subcontractors and quality checks of items arriving from subcontractors.
- To ensure that the van is efficiently scheduled using our van scheduling software 'Stream'; keeping van driver up to date with any changes in schedules or priorities; ensure van maintenance; that all regular external maintenance is carried out including weekly checks. To ensure the van is always loaded correctly as to not damage any deliverables.
- To provide weekly reports with progress updates on all projects/ maintenance to all
- relevant parties; advise of potential scheduling clashes; to ensure monthly toolbox talks.
- To be responsible for on-going training and development of all workshop staff. To liase with HoP for key departmental development and vision plan. To maintain regular 121 and PDP process with his directs and ensuring their directs receive the same. To report to HoP with outcomes and issues.
Engineering Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering background as a Engineering Manager. you will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Come from a small batch, one off, bespoke product environment
- Experience of fabrication, CNC Machining and welding ideally
- Managed a small team of fabricators and welders
- Forward thinking and innovative
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.