23000-28000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
Field Service Engineer
A Leading Distributor are now looking for an Field Service Engineer
to join their team.
Field Service Engineer– Overview
distributor for some of the world’s leading Materials Handling brands including Cat Lift Trucks and Konecranes heavy duty Lift trucks and provide materials handling solutions to our customers via our extensive network of local Depots.
Field Service Engineer – Responsibility
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to all machines.
- Carry out routine maintenance; quote all service/repairs in conjunction with the Service Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensure fork lift trucks are serviced to the standards as directed by the manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Be proactive when maintaining trucks ensuring that all repairs are carried out in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Fault find machinery on customer’s site and work with the Service Coordinator to resolve the issue safely, and to a high standard.
- Organise and install all parts for customers and liaise with Service Control Department
- Work without supervision by using your own initiative for the majority of the time, in a safe manner as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act, advising your Manager if you need assistance.
- Ensure that all Service Reports (and supporting documentation) are completed correctly and sent into the Service Office immediately.
Field Service Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Field Service Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Clean Driving license
- Ideally you will have a formal qualification such as an NVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Service Engineer in the Forklift Industry.
- Applications are also welcomed from engineers with a Plant, HGV, Agricultural, Automotive background.
- If you have a Military background a minimum of 3 years experience as a Vehicle Mechanic
- Good communication skills with a customer focused approach
- Highly organised, punctual with flexible time management skills
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.