35000-38000 Per Annum
about 4 years ago
Location: Birmingham Area
Salary: Circa £35k - £38k Depending upon experience
A large foundry company who produce castings for a number of industries now requires a Finishing Manager to join their team.
Finishing Manager - MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To control and co-ordinate all dressing shop activities to optimise the best utilisation of personnel and equipment.
- To prioritise the processing of castings through the department in order to satisfy the customers requirements both in terms of quality and delivery.
- To ensure that all castings are weigh counted after shot blasting and that all scrap is correctly recorded.
- To ensure that all castings passing through the department meet the required customer quality standards.
- To ensure that all personnel within the department are adequately trained and operate a safe system of work.
- The above to be carried out in line with the attached task analysis.
- Ensure that all personnel within the department are adequately trained to meet the requirements of their job activity.
- Ensure safety and welfare of all personnel in departments, including the use of safety equipment and the operation of all relevant 'Codes of Safe Working Practice'.
- Ensure all quality control procedures are adhered to and report any deviations to Quality Manager and or Quality engineer.
- Plan, distribute and prioritise work through the department in order to satisfy customer requirements both in terms of quality and delivery.
- Ensure shot-blast operators inspect all castings and segregate scrap.
- Ensure all production parts are programmed through Barinder finishing cells and optimise processing times to achieve required departmental efficiencies.
- Ensure all castings are weigh counted after shot-blasting and prior to dressing and that the information is adequately recorded and printed off at the end of each day.
Finishing Manager - Personal Requirements
The ideal candidate MUST come from a Foundry business as a Finishing Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of managing a team of 15 people
- Must have good people management skills and be able to drive performance
This role would suit a Dress Shop Manager, Finishing Manager, Production Supervisor or Production Manager from a Castings or Foundry type business.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.