48000-55000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Fire Safety Manager
Location: Homebased - Covering the midlands
Salary: ££48k plus company car allowance and 25 days holiday
A large, prestigious company are now looking for a Fire Safety Manager to join their team. This is a homebased position covering the Midlands area.
Fire Safety Manager - Job Purpose
- To facilitate implementation of Health, Safety and Fire policies across multiple sites
- To provide technical health, safety and fire support to individual sites, business units and projects.
- To promote the principle that effective management of health and safety is an integral part of efficient business and operational management.
- To liaise with the project teams and insurers on fire risk and mitigation.
Fire Safety Manager - Accountabilities
Operational Processes, Procedures and Project Delivery
Advise management on Health and Safety Legislation, safe methods of working, prevention of hazards to health and suitability of plant, protective equipment and control measures.
Initiate timely and appropriate actions in emergency situations, contact and communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Monitor and promote effective utilisation of the Accident Recording and Investigation Process.
Investigate RIDDORs and produce the F2508 report.
Produce fire risk assessments and conduct fire audits
Produce technical risk assessments i.e. PUWER/LOLER/COSHH as required.
Provide suitable technical advice at the design stage of changes to layout, systems of work and introduction of new materials/machines.
Participate in and advise Business Unit Safety Committees and Forums.
Advise on appropriate training requirements and assist in such training where appropriate.
Monitoring and Measuring
Regularly review and provide comment on accident trends for Business Units and Sites
Monitoring the effectiveness of the Company Safety Policy by carrying out inspections in association with site management and providing written reports of such inspections
Complete internal Health, Safety and Fire Audits.
Fire Safety Manager - Competencies, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will come from a Multi-Site Engineering position as a Fire Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management Certificate or Equivalent
- Member of Institute Fire Engineers or Institute of Fire Safety Managers or FPA
- Experience of Sprinkler Systems, dealing with insurance companies regarding Fire Risk and ideally DSEAR
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH General Certificate and working towards Diploma level in Occupational Health and Safety
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Willing to travel across the midlands
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.