35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
26 days ago
Freight Forwarding/ Customs Manager
We are looking for an individual with very good freight forwarding experience (inc. customs clearance processes) They will be reporting the Operations Director. This job offers excellent career opportunity, self-fulfilment, and independence in running own team/department.
Freight Forwarding/Customs Manager - Job Role:
- Take over our small operation with the aim to drive it forward and build it up.
- Our forwarding / customs operations are currently covered by small team of 2 operatives.
- Currently focusing on UK and EU road freight market, however this is not a limit and the future manager could spread the activities further to other areas of logistics & freight should they choose to.
- Ensure the daily plan is completed in real time, managing resources effectively and maximising utilisation.
- Understand and be able to achieve key performance targets.
- Create collection plans to inform suppliers of loading requirements.
- Managenew and existing customer accounts.
Freight Forwarding/Customs Manager – Person Requirements:
- Strongly motivated to take over and built up the department in order to achieve commercial goals.
- The introduction to the business will be provided, however the ideal candidate would need to be self-disciplined
- Be able to work independently.
- They need to be fast thinker
- Able to work under pressure and be able to make their own decisions.
This is office based role at our Head office in Aylesham, Working hours are generally 08:30-18:30 Monday to Friday, however flexibility will be required due to the nature of the business.