30000-40000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary £30k - £40k plus excellent benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry as their Health and Safety Manager.
Health and Safety Manager - Responsibilities:
- To manage and monitor standards, policies, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities with health and safety are adhered to.
- To coordinate, support and advise with regards to Health and Safety
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and reviewed, updated and communicated
- Co-ordinate the development of Health and Safety policies, systems of work and procedures
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, welfare at work and the environment, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of all assessments for all work operations and equipment.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Provide internal training on H&S and Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Manage and devise the agenda for Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Provide regular reports to Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety and environmental activities / training/ accidents / near misses etc.
Health and Safety Manager - Essential requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience of handling H&S incident investigations
- Experience of internal auditing
Health and Safety Manager - Desirable requirements:
- Experience of delivery training
- Hold an Environmental Management Qualification such as NEBOSH or IEMA
- IOSH Member or equivalent
- Experience of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.