45000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 months ago
Group Procurement Manager
A well-established food manufacturer is looking an experienced Group Procurement Manager to have full responsibility to manage the Company’s supply of goods, products, and services.
Group Procurement Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- Develop, implement, and deliver a Group Procurement Strategy of goods and services to ensure optimum costs, quality, and efficiency through close collaboration with suppliers and external vendors to support the company growth strategy.
- Review and challenge current sourcing strategies to suggest innovations in line with changing business situations.
- Run procurement projects in line with organisational standards.
- Develop and implement innovative sourcing strategies and procurement solutions that will deliver significant value and savings to the Group.
- Support Group Directors with all procurement activities, analysing expenditure and identifying areas where cost savings can be made.
- Build strong relationships with all internal departments to understand departmental procurement needs and develop effective group-wide procurement strategies to implement demonstrable cost-savings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and external vendors, negotiating terms and prices to maximize the value delivered by suppliers across the group.
- Review all supplier and external vendors contracts, terms, prices, and arrangements periodically to ensure continued value for money for goods and services procured across the Group.
Group Procurement Manager – Person Requirements:
The Procurement Manager must be able to develop and deliver the strategy to support a long-term vision and partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business. The ideal candidate will need a Strong Understanding of Generalist indirect procurement.
You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Procurement / Purchasing professional with experience in the FMCG sector. Food Manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Membership and CIPS accreditation would be advantageous.
- Experience managing a range of suppliers of varying sizes.
- Experience driving improvements in service, cost, and performance.
- Commercially focused with strong evidence of negotiating skills
- Proficient in Excel and experience in the use of ERP/MRP systems to drive improvements and provide visibility.
- Ability to positively influence peers and senior managers.
- Experience leading large procurement projects from end to end
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier relationship management
- Good understanding of contract management principles
- Experience within a large, complex organisation