72000-75000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Head of Engineering
Salary: £72k - £75k plus excellent benefits
Location: South Wales / Swansea area
A large heavy engineering company are now looking for a strategically focused Head of Engineering to join their team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Engineering at the company. This role has total accountability for establishing and delivering the Engineering Strategy for the plant including staffing, equipment, budgets, facilities, capabilities and skill sets, to ensure the plant achieves its daily targets in Safety, Quality, Throughput and Cost.
Head of Engineering - Essential Functions of the Role;
- Responsible for achieving the agreed levels of overall plant availability and performance (OEE)
- Responsible for delivering cultural change within the Engineering function at all levels to ensure that it aligns to the Plant Goals and fully supports the Plant on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Will establish, agree and then implement a revised structure within Engineering that meets or exceeds the needs of the Plant, both now and for the foreseeable future
- Must deliver measurable improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Engineering team.
- Accountable for the reduction of demarcation with the Plant and Engineering functions i.e. Operations and maintenance, different trades, internal and external resources etc.
- Will effectively utilise modern engineering techniques
- Responsible for ensuring Planned Predictive Maintenance (PPM) schedules are achieved
- In conjunction with PPM, is responsible for Condition Monitoring to reduce cost associated with secondary damage and unnecessary maintenance and increase machine availability
- Accountable for consignment management of spares to reduce risk and cost to the business
- Responsible for achieving the cost goals required of the department through actions including, control of expenditure across Human Resource, Capital expenditure, consumables and external labour
- Effectively manage performance against agreed objectives and Key Performance indicators; complete personal objectives in a timely manner and create an expectation of the same in others
- Ensure effective and accurate communication between engineering and the operational team
- Retain a conscious awareness of the business's wider goals and operate to support delivery of them
- Will establish and communicate a strategy that will positively enhance the engineering function's reputation
- Establish external regular benchmark either within group or in wider industry
- Continually strive for improvements, mirroring the changes that have occurred in manufacturing over the last 20 years
Head of Engineering - Candidate Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Head of Engineering. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related subject
- Ideally be a chartered engineer (CEng)
- 6 Sigma qualified to Black belt level or equivalent
- This position is responsible for a large engineering team of up to 70 staff, experience of managing large engineering teams is essential
- Knowledge of metals production industry advantageous
- Demonstrable project management experience to deliver results, to not exceed agreed budget or time limits
- experience of Metal production/Oil & Gas/Chemical Engineering/paper or heavy/capital-intensive industry
- Experience of full budgetary responsibility for between £4m & £8m.
- Will have held full functional responsibility for engineering within a relevant business
- Demonstrable experience of managing large capital projects
- Experience of HSE in a relevant industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.