Head of Health and Safety
45000-50000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Head of Health and Safety
Salary: £45k - £50k plus company car or allowance and excellent benefits
A large tier 1 automotive and aerospace manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Head of Health and Safety to join their team.
Head of Health and Safety - Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage, lead and assume responsibility for HSE KPI’s, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Manage internal and external audits for the business
- Coaching and mentoring to enhance HSE performance
- Support the Management Team by creating, delivering, and monitoring of HSE plans which support the achievement of business objectives
- Build and develop effective, collaborative working relationships with stakeholders in order to influence the HSE agenda and activities
- Schedule and Lead Health, Safety and Environmental meetings for the site, ensure relevant attendees are notified and circulate copies of minutes and action points
- Review HSE related certifications and “Safety Hub” compliance and recommend appropriate training and development to meet the needs of the business, delivering HSE related training
- Support line managers with the management of all HSE issues and concerns through advice and coaching, ensuring approach is pragmatic and within an acceptable level of business risk
- Drive employee engagement with HSE, ensure the HR team receive monthly communications for the Employee newsletter to inform them of the HSE policy, procedures, and developments
- Monitoring of HSE compliance levels
- Manage major accident, incident investigations within relevant line manager identifying root cause and ensuring proposed controls and actions are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all certification/Inspection/Servicing requirements are maintained in accordance with current legislation, including Fire certification and compliance, seeking quotations as required and making recommendations to the SLT
- Point of contact for the UK Business for regulators, insurers, and external certification, always ensuring compliance across the sites.
- Manages all onsite contractor processes in accordance with requirements.
- Environmental standards in line with accreditations
Head of HSE - Person Specification
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH General, NCRQ or NVQ Level 5 in occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally a member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Experience with ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Ideally hold an environmental qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental Management
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.