65000-68000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Head of Manufacturing
Salary: Circa £65k - £68k
Interim – 6 Months
A local composite manufacturing company are now looking for a Head of Manufacturing to join their team.
Responsible for a £10M per annum manufacturing department with c. 60 people
manufacturing composites for Marine and Industrial applications. Processes include pressing
Direct reports include 2 x production managers, 3 x engineers, night shift
manager and various dotted lines to maintenance, planning etc.
Head of Manufacturing - The main focus
Initially is delivering a site integration, working to receive and embed incoming departments
transferring to Gloucester.
Head of Manufacturing - Role Description
- Working with HR and your managers, interview, select, hire and onboard a
manufacturing team, who have the right skills to support the site consolidation
- Work with your opposite number in the Manchester site to successfully implement a
knowledge capture/ skills transfer programme, in line with the project timeline.
- Post transfer, bring the manufacturing processes back on line in Gloucester, ensuring
safety, quality, and productivity requirements/standards are met, as well as rapidly
and effectively resolving (in coordination with the project team) any start-up issues to ensure continued on time customer supply.
- Positively reinforcing group values which includes a safety-first culture.
- Motivating, coaching, and embedding a new manufacturing team.
- Travel to the Manchester site as required.
As a manufacturing manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing the manufacturing strategy for the business, focusing on safety,
capacity, efficiency and quality.
- Directing and driving lean manufacturing and 5S principles throughout the wear
- Experienced in managing the challenges associated to on time composite
material/products manufacturing within filament winding, press shop and machine
shop (batch precision engineering) environments.
- Acting as the champion of continuous improvement within the manufacturing area,
setting ambitious targets.
- Supporting the engineering function with their proposals for new production
techniques, automated manufacturing systems with supporting analysis and costings
to drive efficiencies
- Transforming the company operations to a modern and lean organisation and share
information and experience about best practice whilst achieving safe, reliable and
- Reinforcing best working practices that promote company culture & vision.
- Proactively leading and supporting employees to encourage maximum performance.
- Evaluating business performance by analysing and interpreting data & metrics;
present recommendations as necessary.
- Write and Submit reports in all matters of importance.
- Participate and lead high level change management projects
Head of Manufacturing - Person Specification
- Must have previous experience in a similar Senior Manufacturing role
- Degree, or equivalent, level in manufacturing, engineering or sciences discipline
- MUST come from a composite manufacturing background or Precision machining background
- Able to lead major change initiatives and projects with a view to continual
- Able to build, motivate and develop a winning team
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.