50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Head of Operational Procurement
Salary: Circa £50k
This role is responsible forleading and directing the Procurement Operations team to deliver thestrategic direction and operational performance of the procurement activity for all Procurement.
The post holder has the responsibility for the development and execution of the strategy and delivery of the procurement activities and will work to ensure that high levels of service is provided within budget.
The role is responsible for managing a range of operational activities as well as programme management and continuous improvement. The nature of the role requires someone to have high standards in terms of defining best practice standard processes and ensuring the function delivers, maintains, and continually improves to ensure better performance. The role should be largely proactive in terms of setting a direction in how the function should deliver but will require high levels of interaction with the rest of the Procurement team to ensure customer requirements are achieved.
The role requires someone who will have the ability to think strategically & successfully execute the strategy to ensure that our Operational procurement team provides a first-class service to time, cost and quality. The role requires someone to be technically capable and understand the operations to execute the strategy and drive improvements but in addition the role must ensure that there is a talent pipeline of capability within the business to support business growth. Therefore, coaching, leadership and credibility is key in terms of behaviours.
There may be a requirement for visits to other sites and supplier locations. Hours of work are regular office hours but where required the incumbent will be required to ensure presence and activity potentially out of hours. The role is a Managerial role, and the incumbent must show regular presence and leadership across this operation.
Head of Operational Procurement - Responsibilities would include:
- Lead and direct the Procurement Operational teams to support the Products and Manufacturing business ensuring all operational activity is processed to a high standard in a timely manner.
- To effectively manage the ‘Grey Tail’ suppliers to ensure all master data is maintained in line with the agreed strategy.
- To ensure all customer requirements to support key bids and costing information is managed effectively across Procurement working with the Strategic Purchasing teams.
- To produce KPIs and reports to understand performance of the suppliers and all activities across the procurement teams in order to identify potential failures early.
- To support business/process improvement activity and maintain the process architecture.
- To provide support to the Procurement teams through programme management
- To ensure Procurement provide appropriate support to the Business development teams and customers to identify cost down/service improvement requirements and present opportunities and potential projects to them.
- To provide a point of contact for other functional areas for procurement activities that cut across other Procurement resource.
- To work with the Procurement management team on key projects and activities as require
Head of Operational Procurement – Person Requirements:
You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
Demonstration of procurement knowledge, of working within a logistics and manufacturing background and understand the challenges faced in a fast-moving logistics and manufacturing operation.
The role requires someone who has operated at a Senior level who is able to communicate with those at MD level but who is also comfortable of operating within the procurement activities. The incumbent will have a strong, credible and authentic character and have a proven capability to lead and manage change effectively.