30000-45000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30k - £40k
A fantastic opportunity for an Health and Safety Advisor to join a world leading manufacturing company.
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
Position Overview: ·
- Ensure the Company's Health & Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Develop and implement EHSQ Management systems.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environmental and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Raise awareness and promote the corporate EHS culture and EHS objectives.
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor - POSITION ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review incidents and highlight recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitoring and reporting of incidents trends which are of major significance to service delivery.
- Advise on the implications of current and new legislation and monitor to ensure that positive steps are being taken to implement requirements.
- Verify and maintain compliance with internal and external EHS requirements.
- Organising training and refresher courses.
- Carry out inspections and compliance audits.
- Undertake active occupational monitoring i.e. noise, vibration, COSHH etc. within the workplace.
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as an Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum experience of 3 years in an EHS Advisors role.
- An understanding of CDM.
- Experience in Medical Device Industry would be a benefit but not essential.
- Have an excellent understanding of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001) and ISO 14001.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be computer literate and have a good understanding of MS office applications.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and manage their own time effectively.
- Chartered member of IOSH or working towards Chartered status
- Nebosh General Certificate or equivalent.
- Environmental qualification such as AIEMA or equivalent.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.