Health and Safety Advisor
30000-35000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering company who have been going for over 100 years are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor - Role Profile:
The position reports directly to the Health and Safety Manager. The successful candidate will provide hands on Health and Safety assistance to the Health and Safety Manager across all areas of the business.
Health and Safety Advisor - Duties will include:
- To monitor Health and Safety strategies, policies and procedures, risk assessments, and safe working practices consistently across the business.
- To continually assess the status of Health and Safety within the business and identify improvement opportunities.
- To develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
- To assist in the development and implementation of company procedures, policies and risk control documents.
- To ensure the provision of strong, clear, consistent, relevant and timely safety and welfare advice and operational support to the workforce.
- Undertake regular workplace inspections and audits to proactively identify where Health and Safety management practices could be improved and provide the necessary guidance to improve performance.
- Maintain all Health and Safety performance data, files and registers.
- Attend and actively contribute at Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Assist line managers with their investigations and reports into incidents and dangerous occurrences as necessary.
- Collate and analyse incidents and 'near miss' incident statistics and recommend intervention strategies to eliminate/reduce the risk of future similar occurrences.
Health and Safety Advisor - Skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing or Marine industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent Health and Safety management qualification although this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a similar manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of primary health & safety legislation, regulations and codes of practice pertaining to the manufacturing industry.
- The ability to build good working relationships with management, union, employees and contractors at all levels.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.