35000-37000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Brackley, Northants
Salary: £35k plus company car allowance (£5k) plus excellent benefits
A local, privately owned civil engineering company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
The company specialises in groundworks for housebuilders across the South Midlands and Oxfordshire area.
The company are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to be trained and developed into the Health and Safety Manager's position within 12 months. The current Health and Safety Manager will be retiring in the next year. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person looking to progress their career with a fantastic family owned company.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job Role:
- Work with the health and safety team (H&S Assistant, Junior H&S Advisor and H&S Manager)
- Complete site inspections/audits and make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Provide advice to managers, site foremen and staff.
- Liaise with the client, their H& S Staff and other H&S staff i.e. HSE, Council.
- Complete Tool Box Talks and other training as necessary.
- Complete company inductions and associated documentation.
- Investigate accidents and incidents and write suitable reports.
- Attend Health & Safety, site and other meetings.
- Help to draft, develop and implement policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the construction industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in occupational health and safety
- On site experience in a Civil Engineering/Ground-Works environment
- Experience of Environmental Management in a construction environment (Desirable).
- Experienced in booking NRSW Traffic Management with Councils
- Hold a current UK Driving Licence with your own vehicle.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.