30000-37000 Per Annum
about 3 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £30k - £36k
Salary Circa £30-36k, Hours: 36:25 per week, 08:45 - 16:30 Monday to Friday, Holiday entitlement - 25 days plus all Bank Holidays.
A large chemical manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
The position would be ideal for someone looking to get into a highly specialised COMAH Manufacturing environment.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job Role and Responsibilities:
We now have vacancy for a Health and Safety Advisor to join an existing team to assist in the development and implementation of necessary systems and procedures in order to improve the company SHE performance and to ensure legal compliance.
Reporting to the Safety Health & Environmental Manager the main duties will be:
- Looking after certain aspects of the sites environmental management system, such as permit reporting requirements
- Responsible for certain administrative aspects of the SHE management system, such as data entry into site incident log, communication log entries etc.
- Working closely with operations to understand how work activities occur and offer advice and guidance for improvements
- Assist in the development of site SHE policies, procedures and supporting documentation, and support the SHE Manager with implementation
- Lead site and group specific SHE initiatives, such as workplace transport etc.
- Act as Deputy for SHE Manager in their absence
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ability to use Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Out Going Personality / Ability to Influence / Coach & Mentor
- Knowledge of Management Systems / Standards
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Techniques
- Auditing / Inspection Experience
- Knowledge of Root Cause Techniques
- Desire to Learn and Develop
Health and Safety Advisor - Desirable skills
- Environmental Qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental Management
- Experience in a Stand-Alone Role
- IOSH Membership
- Fire Risk Assessment Experience
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.